Saturday, May 2, 2009

Random Images from the Past Few Quarters

So since I just started this blog a little bit ago, here are a few images from that past few quarters at the Art Institute of Colorado (I'm having trouble with the compression of these images when I am uploading them to the blog, so please excuse the pale colors until I can figure it out. Thanks):

This is a digital image composite that I created based off of the song "Basic Cable" by Aesop Rock. There is one line from this song that really works well with this image saying, "...Please calm me, please make me a zombie, I wanna donate my brain to the giant Panasonic profit."


This is also another digital image composite entitled, "The Perfect Storm", which you may have noticed at the top of the page already. This one took a little while because I shot around thirty cigarette buts and then cut them all out individually in Photoshop and duplicated them to around eighty individual layers.


This is the first image composite that I made for an school project. Basically we had to somehow symbolize pain or passion, and I happen to choose pain for this one. A little twist on the old tooth-fairy story.


This is a thirty second exposure I did over I-25 one night in Denver. It's part of a three image series experimenting with longer exposures.


This is around a three second exposure of the lights that drape over Larimer street in Denver. It is part of the same exposure series as the highway image.


This is the third image from the exposure series of an oil refinery in Commerce City, CO.


As you can probably tell by the captions, I'm getting really tired so I'm gonna go to bed but I'll get some more images up real soon.

1 comment:

  1. I started following your blog chris! (This is Melixa btw)

    ReplyDelete