Sunday, May 31, 2009

Panoramics and Film to Digital!

So I recently started messing around with panoramics and shooting film and scanning it and messing around with them in photoshop. I'm learning so much at this little school of mine. Here's a few I've done for classes that were actually all taken at the same place, it's a gold mine for photo opportunities.


This is a film image I scanned in shot with color film on my favorite camera right now, the Mamiya 645. 


This is a panoramic I did of my friend Kit Kitredge on the roof of this place. Yup, just like the movie. Lots of cool possibilities with panoramic portraits.


This is a panoramic that was also taken on the roof of this gem of a building. 


This is another style of panoramic called Gestalt. I think I did it wrong because you aren't supposed to actually stitch these ones together in photoshop, but I did and I liked the end result. This is one of the awesome stairways inside of the building to get to the roof.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Chris what type of negative scanner do you have? i want to get one but i have no idea what the hell i am doing. and yeah i got a 645 too, fucking sick camera, weighs a ton but well worth it.

    Boggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey crazy! I was looking through my phone and remembered that I put your blogsite in my memos! Haha, hope all is well, and it was great to meetcha! :)

    -Tammy from Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey boggs. im not too sure what type of scanners we have at school, ill find out and let you know though. you have a 645? that's so awesome i wish i had one, i just use the schools all of the time. but yeah dude, ill keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris nice pano esp. with your favorite model.
    Would love to see them bigger. Great job!

    ReplyDelete